Monday, March 7, 2011

Weekly Plan: 3/7/2011 - 3/13/2011

   Welcome back everybody! I have been away much longer than expected, but let me tell you, moving from a two bedroom apartment to a three bedroom duplex is an incredible amount of work. The first few days is just a sea of boxes. Everything you do, or even touch, leads to another handful of tasks that must be done. The beautiful and lovely Jen did the overwhelming majority of unpacking boxes, but there were plenty of other things that consumed my time. Even last week, it was everything I could do just to put in an eight hour day at work.
   Now I am ready to get back to it and I have quite a bit of good game reviews coming up. I am a little short on the free game side of things, because I have been spending a lot more time with my PlayStation ever since the television was hung on the wall. It is simply irresistible. The upcoming reviews are all PlayStation 3 games. A couple are brand new releases on the PlayStation Network, although one has been around for a while, it is just new to PSN. Those are PixelJunk Shooter 2 and Castle Crashers. The other is a disc-based game that has been out for a while, but I just recently got my hands on, 3D Dot Game Heroes. I am in the middle of all of these games, so hopefully I will get some finished by the end of the week.
   I am also reading a book I will be writing a review on soon, The Parent Plan , by Margaret Briem. It is an excellent book that discusses parenting in different situations. I am only into the first chapter of it so far, but it talks about parenting explicitly. This applies to all aspects of parenting, from dealing directly with the children to bringing the other adults involved in the child's community into the parenting process. So far, this is a great book, and it is a short read, so expect my review soon.
   PROGRAMMING!! Just like the blog, my programming ambitions have been on hold since the move. I have not finished Swap Meet Server (unacceptable). I did get my Android development book. Therefore, I will be working on both this week. I still need to finish up the graphics, sound, and high score interface on SMS. On the Android front, I am going to work through this book and see where it takes me. I was having issues doing real basic things when I last worked with the Android platform. I am not sure why I was unable to get the screen to refresh for my projects, but all I was really successful at with my project was making it flash between two screens. That is not going to work. I really wanted to take the time to learn how everything works on Android with Java. Now I have the time to do it.
   At home, we also have quite a few things going on. James' birthday is on Saturday. Unfortunately, they will not be here on Saturday, so we may or may not do a gathering for him on Sunday. Either way, he has a couple of fun gifts to play with, so will be happy with or without a party. I am also going to try to get my kids to the park. We have not been to one in a couple of weeks. Everybody should make it a point to get their kids to the parks as much as possible. We spend too much time locked up inside with our electronic gizmos and doo-dads. Some real run-around time for the kids always helps with the spasticity that goes on with kids when they do not stretch their legs enough. This will be the first week of me not being Hitler of Homework. The teachers will take recess time from the kids if homework is not done, so I am off the job. No sweat off my back. The one that gives me trouble with it will supposedly have to use recess to finish it if it does not get done at home. If this is the case, I can back off, because my concern is the homework should be completed always, no matter what it takes to get there.
   Alright, that is all I have. Really, one heck of a week; however, they all are. Only live once. Thanks for reading, Trish!

No comments:

Post a Comment