Monday, March 14, 2011

Weekly Plan: 3/14/2011 - 3/20/2011

   Well, I hardly made it back to the side projects last week. However, the shape of my plans are changing a little bit this week. I have not yet gotten my own Android project off the ground, but a friend wants to do a collaborative project. We started brainstorming game ideas today. Hopefully, by the end of the week, we will have a solid idea as well as some code going.
   I will be having some busy days at work, so most everything else will be on the back-burner at the moment. I am trying to get some games finished so I can write some good game reviews. Also, due to popular demand, I will be hunting down a fun to play free game this week. I have not had time to look for free games with everything else going on, but really, getting the word out on some free games benefits everybody. The developers love some buzz about their games, even if it is a bit critical. They still like having people go play their games. Besides, I always recommend you form your own opinion on any game I review. Just because I do not think it is the greatest does not mean you will not have serious fun.
   Finally, I will have at least one book review this week, if not two. I am within 20 pages of finishing The Parent Plan. This is an excellent parenting book. I also read Sam's Teach Yourself Android Application Development in 24 Hours which I think was HORRIBLE.
   This is the first week since we have been back in Sacramento that we do not have plans for the weekend. Of course, this does not mean we do not have a list of "want to do's" to attend to. I believe we may be taking a trip to Old Sacramento and a museum this weekend. I also have a remote control helicopter that has sat in its box the whole several years it has been in my possession. I am going to charge it up and we will give it a shot. Hope for no rain. If there is rain, well, Rock Band is always a great rainy day filler.
   Between work and trying to get a collaborative project going, my week will be pretty busy. As you can see, have plenty more going on though. What is going on in your life this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment