Sunday, February 13, 2011

Weekly Progress Report


***********************
* Objective Grade *
***********************
* SMS Font A *
* SMS Code A *
* SMS Graphics B *
***********************

   I am very happy with where Swap Meet Server sits right now. I have finished the coding for the game, which included finishing the transfer of the font object from DirectX to my own font object. The last touches of code actually fell into place rather rapidly. While I do have some coding left to add in the sound as well as the high-score interface, these are two separate phases of the project that will be able to interface cleanly when they are ready to be integrated.
   The graphics are really a hard deal to me. I make a lousy artist. Even my wife was easily showing me up on the art skills. To offer a little reassurance, she decided to tell me that it does not have to be perfect. Easy for her to say. I know it does not have to be perfect, but good would be nice. Really though, I just need a couple of images to go forward. I have been drawing a bit every day in order to try to generate something I like, but it is still a work in progress.
   As mentioned above, I am more or less down to just adding the sounds and the high score interface. This being said, I really hope I can finish up Swap Meet Server in the next two weeks. However, because I am moving next weekend, I think the more realistic date will be three weeks. In any case, I am incredibly excited to be done with the project and moving on to the next. I can see the light at the end of this tunnel. The next tunnel will be a whole new learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment