Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Family Happenings

   My blog is mostly meant to discuss things such as programming and video gaming; however, there is much more going on in my life other than just being wired into machinery all day long. In order to appease some people that are so incredibly interested in what I am doing in life, I am going to write about some of the things I have going on this week that do not fall in the realm of video gaming and computing.
   First, this may come as a surprise to many of you, but I am moving very soon. Ten days and counting. Due to a pre-inspection of my apartment on Thursday, I am trying to get the apartment as presentable as possible by then. That way, I am able to have these people tell us what really needs to be done in order to get back as much of our deposit as possible.
   I am also working slowly on packing. Really, my wife and I have got a very good start on this. Half of our dining room is filled with packed boxes. As far as loose things in the apartment go, we probably only have less than five boxes left to pack. However, I will be dismantling some of the furniture this week. I will also be putting away many of our electronics. After this weekend, I will be so anxious to get this over with, I probably will not be sleeping hardly at all.
   One thing I am trying to make an effort to do with the kids is make it to the park at least once a week. I used to take them to the park all the time before I was in school. After everything picked up in school, the park was a rare occurrence. Now, school is done, but I am super-busy, but I know that I cannot let my self-imposed business get in the way of spending some time with the kids. The park is a great chance for everybody to get out and have fun together while stretching and getting some sun.
   Another thing I am working on is trying to be a little more passive in my parenting. You should not let everything bother you. Especially if you have a child that likes to create problems. They will find what bothers you and keep doing it until they numb you to it. Of course, you cannot let your kids do this to you, but I am working on adjusting the way I handle these situations.
   That is about it really. Still, most of my days are consumed by working in one manner or another; however, when I do manage to break away from the computer, this is what I will be doing. I love you Jen, Madison, and James.

No comments:

Post a Comment